about 6 years ago
The countdown has begun, and you're almost there! Don’t forget that submissions are due on September 5 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
If you haven't created a draft yet, please do so now. And if you've just joined us recently, we encourage you to explore the quick-start guide, get some inspiration from the HarperCollins App Idea Bank, and have fun hacking all week long.
Before you say "ship it!", here are some last minute reminders to help you make sure everything is in order. You should answer "yes" to all of the questions below.
- Did you use the OpenBook API?
- Did you make sure that your proof-of-concept app is NOT available to the public?
- Did you walk through your app's key functionality and features in your video?
- Is your video less than 5 minutes long?
- Have you included at least one image (screenshot) of your working app?
- Did you provide access to your app for testing/judging, such as a URL, installation file or shared test build via TestFlight?
- Did you include step-by-step testing instructions, including instructions for how to download or access your app for testing (as well as login instructions if a login is required)?
- If you are submitting a pre-existing app, did you include the OpenBook API after the start of the competition on June 6, 2013? Does your app contain new features and functionality added after June 6, 2013?
Since there are so many details to take care of, be sure to run through each submission requirement more than once. Or better yet, have a friend or colleague provide a second pair of eyes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
Good luck. We can't wait to see what you'll create to engage readers in new and exciting ways.
Have a question?
Help spread the word, and join the conversation with #BookSmash on Twitter.